This Take a Breath™ Certification Training will teach you how to be creative in delivering yoga nidra to kids, how to deliver to various age groups and to be a facilitator with the burgeoning TAKE A BREATH™ in school program. To date, over 5000 students ages 4-18, have experienced this simple, but transformational work designed to very strategically and safely bring the power of Yoga Nidra into the school systems.
Take a Breath™ is a Yoga Nidra based program that teaches proven breathing and relaxation techniques to promote well-being, stress-relief, and self-awareness. The program includes online and in-school offerings for the whole school community, including students, parents, teachers, administrators, and support staff.
Using the acronym B.R.A.V.E (Breathe-Relax-Allow-Visualize-Empower), students are taught how to:
- Create a relaxation response in the body
- Notice the effects of stress in the body and mind
- Self-regulate and work through challenging emotions and events
- Use imagery and imagination for growth and development
- Build confidence and resilience in facing new situations
The Take a Breath™ in school program works in tandem with an online platform. As a Kids Yoga Nidra Teacher and Take a Breath™ facilitator, this training gives you the tools and techniques to lead in school experiences and educational components for students in 7th through 12th grade, as well as shorter versions of the program for the K-6 schools. You will also receive training in how to bring an experience and education of the deeply restorative and regenerative benefits of Yoga Nidra/Take a Breath™ to Parent and Teacher groups as well as Educators and Administrators. You will learn
This training includes:
- Take a Breath™ Training Manual
- Unique yoga nidra script cards for kids
- Take a Breath™ sequence and script cards to lead groups
- Access to the Take a Breath™ Online content
- Two practices of Yoga Nidra daily
- Marketing which supports you entering a school or district, handouts for Educators, Parents and Kids
- Business support and opportunities to work with children who are experiences high levels of stress, anxiety and depression.
“It made me feel relaxed and calm. At the beginning I felt shy and confused but somewhere in the middle, I felt like I could do anything.”
7th Grade Student
Prerequisite: Yoga Nidra Professional Training from any tradition